Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Be nice to me in the margins...

AP is reporting that Governor Richardson is withdrawing from the presidential primary race. I haven't got any official confirmation from the campaign, but I am not surprised. The money has probably dried up and with Obama getting two vital endorsements in Nevada today, the road is just too difficult to go forth.

I took today off for a "mental health" sick day because I knew this was coming. I haven't had too much time to think about this, but I know that I had a hell of a time and I'd do it all again. In fact, if Gov. Richardson needed me tomorrow, I'd be there.

However, this feels like a romantic breakup. 15 months I've gone with Gov. Richardson and now within 24 hours it is all over. I can't think about the next step. For a while, I'm just going to grieve, decompress and sort through my thoughts. I may refrain from blogging about politics for a while. But I do encourage my contributors and commentators to do so. The American Body Politic needs this...

|