Saturday, January 05, 2008

On the Lighter Side...

Seems that my past four or five posts haven't been too thoughtful and that trend continues with this post. I'm interested in your input on something - phone service, to be exact. The Mrs. and I have had our current phone number for nearly eight years and we're considering dropping our land-line in favor of using our cell phones exclusively.

Our land-line is bare-bones - we have no bells and whistles, save for call waiting. Our reasoning for wanting to drop our home phone is two fold. One, we're now a single income household and want to save money in any way we can. Two, the only people who call us on a regular basis are telemarketers, and I just can't stomach paying $30 a month to have people interrupting home life so I can tell them I'm not interested in their goods/services for the hundredth time.

The biggest drawback to not having a home-phone is that our cells are out of the area, so anyone from church or work who would call would have to make a long distance call. But, like I said, it's not like we have anyone calling us in the first place...

Anyway, I'd be interested in hearing what you have to say.

|