Monday, May 21, 2007

Monday Meditation

I don't know if MoLak-Jedi (CK) will be on with a Monday Meditation today, but I'm going to put one out there because I need it. If MoLak posts over the top of me, that's fine, but I need to think about this today...

C.S. Lewis said, “Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason has once accepted in spite of your changing moods”

What is the difference between belief and faith? I believe in Jesus like I believe that Coke is better than Pepsi and that the world is round. Yet, lately my faith has been faltering. There are lots of things in my life that I assumed God would take care of and yet they are still not taken care of. I'm doubting God's ability to take of them for me.

One thing about the Christian faith is that God's timing is 100% better than ours and I accept that. However, what happens when that waiting for God to work turns into inaction? Can God fail his children? Can those who earnestly seek him, not find?

What is a believer to do when his faith fails him?

|