Monday, May 14, 2007

Monday Meditation

MoLak-Jedi (CK) is still out because of the new addition to his family, so I'm stepping in again today. It is rather late and I apologize. For more of your pondering, how about some more Donald Miller from Blue Like Jazz.

I am married and spend every evening with my lovely wife, but sometimes I'm still able to be alone. My choice, not hers. At work I'm surrounded by people, but often able to be alone. I don't know why I do it, but I do. I'm able to hide in plain sight.

Donald Miller has a similar experience and here is what he learns.
Rick told me a little later, I should be living in community. IHe said I should have people around bugging me and getting under my skin because without people I could not grow-I could not grow in God, and I could not grow as a human. We are born into families, he said, and we are needy at first as children because God wants us together, living among one another, not hiding ourselves under logs like fungus. You are not a fungus, he told me, you are a human and you need other people in your life in order to be healthy.


Are you living in community or just near people?

|