Saturday, March 10, 2007

File under random

Peter Kreeft is in town! I just got back from listening to him talk about Christianity and literature. Good stuff...

While I was there, I ran into our old youth pastor who came to the hospital about an hour after Emily was born! He just got married recently and I had no idea. So, I'm standing there talking to him when this other guy comes up and takes my friend from me. I hate it when that happens. Didn't get to talk to him the rest of the night! Why can't people wait their turn patiently? It's so darn rude! Grrrr...

I went to Richland today to talk with some of my coworkers to a school that's trying to get over the hump in terms of its test scores and whatnot. I have to say that I'm completely intimidated by some of the people I work with. I think I'm a pretty good instructor/classroom facilitator, but these people and their planning and teamwork are amazing! I'm quite proud of them and don't feel that I belonged there today!

The Old Man told us to see An Inconvenient Truth, so I did, and I cried. Despite driving a Jeep, I love the planet and hate the fact that I'm killing it. I'm really thinking that GW Bush didn't so much win the 2000 election because God wanted him in office in order to guide us through the War on Terror and the Iraq War, as much as God needed Al Gore to defend his creation.

What do you all think of communal living? Like, living in a commune? Just wondering...

|