Friday, June 23, 2006

Friday Prayer Blogging - Prayer Closest Edition

Matthew 6:6 - When you pray, go into a room alone and close the door. Pray to your Father in private. He knows what is done in private, and he will reward you.

I've been thinking a lot about disruption to my normal schedule this week. I've had plenty of demands on my time and energy from work, social life and the USA soccer team. I realized that I haven't spent any time with Jesus for a few weeks. It isn't that I didn't want to, but rather that I didn't make time. My usual time was disrupted and Jesus just fell off the priority list.

Today's scripture is usually interpreted as a rebuke of the Pharisees that opened prayed in public to get man's approval. However, I'd like to turn it around today. With the onset of summer and the general change in your schedule, will you still make time to pray to your Father in private? Will Jesus stay a fundamental part of your summer schedule? Or will baseball, summer camp, mission trips, vacation, etc. disrupt your relationship with Jesus?

I can testify that it has already begun happening and my summer is only going to get busier.

Today, I'd like us to pray that Jesus doesn't become an expendable option during the long days of summer, but stays a close intimate friend that we spend time with daily.

Let us pray


Like usual, additional prayers and praises should be added to the comments.

|