Wednesday, June 14, 2006

I'm here to piss off the N.R.A.

I know it's been quiet around here lately, mostly because I think majority of us who write postings here on Page 132 are decently obsessed with the World Cup and/or school teachers finishing up the year (I'm both!).

But this caught my attention. On Monday the FBI released their statistics that showed that violent crimes in America were not only on the rise, but they were on the rise to a greater increase than what had been seen in 15 years.

I'm not going to blame this on Bush. It would be easy, but I don't know that it's helpful or that it's totally accurate either. But this line got my attention a lot:

"Philadelphia police Capt. Benjamin Naish said more people appear to be settling disputes with guns."

This ENRAGES me! People should not have guns. These aren't people using guns for hunting (questionable defense, at best) and they aren't using them for self defense. People are using them instead of looking for other solutions to problems. That is weak and lazy and obviously ridiculously dangerous.

We don't need your average American having a gun. People who need them are police and the military (for DEFENDING America). Other than that, it's total crap to say you have a reason for having the gun and more and more we just keep seeing the constant negatives that come from this. I'm sick to death of the N.R.A. pretending they are defending something worth defending. They are promoting violence and murder - period.

|