Tuesday, April 08, 2008

An Oversimplification or an Accurate Summary?

My parents were out for the last few days. Inevitably, Dad and I end up taking shots at the current administration - this time in the presence of the very nice gentleman who was trying to sell me a van.

While reflecting on our talk, I came to this conclusion. You can say what you want about the Bill Clinton Presidency, but here's the deal. I had more money while he was President (my investments for college nearly replenished themselves each quarter on several occasions) and I felt safer. Over the last eight years or so of GW's time in office, I've felt less safe and my money just doesn't do what it used to.

For these two reasons, I'd have to say that Bill Clinton was a much better President than Mr. Bush. Is this a gross oversimplification or an accurate summary?

|