Tuesday, January 16, 2007

President Bush gets religion

on balanced budgets after 6 years in charge. Remember Vice-President Cheney's statement that "deficits don't matter"? Well, that is out and President Bush is going to shift the burden of balancing the budget to the Democratic Congress.

According to the WaPo: Budget experts and economists from across the political spectrum, including some who worked in the Bush White House, say that Bush is unlikely to offer real concessions toward a balanced budget in the plan he delivers to Congress next month.

Additionally, Gene Sperling said, "When you want to do something serious, you don't change your rhetoric. You send a serious signal to the other side," Sperling said. "Simply insisting that even the most high-income tax cuts be made permanent then projecting vague but steep cuts in domestic programs is not sending that signal."

I am so tired of this president. Honestly, the games are ridiculous. Imagine if this was a romantic relationship:

I might have been attracted to the 'cowboy' of 2000 and I would have moved in with the strong figure after 9/11. I would have given him the benefit of the doubt with the invasion of Iraq in 2003, but after he started spending all my money and not really solving problems, I would have grown disheartened. After the serious talk we had in November 2006, I was hoping he'd get the message of shape up or ship out. Now, he's back to his same ol' tricks. I'd cut him loose and try to find someone else. Unfortunately, we signed a long-term lease and the contract doesn't end until Jan 2009.

Can I spend the next 2 years on your couch?

|