Friday, January 12, 2007

Friday Prayer Blogging - local church edition

My local church has undertaken a week-long prayer feast. The pastor asked us all to pray during the week for different things on each day. One day it was vision and leadership, the next it was local communities and families. Today is the local church.

I don't know about you, but I don't pray for my pastor and the staff at church enough. I rarely lift my small group leaders up in prayer unless they ask for it. I don't know if I've ever prayed for the board and the financial oversight team.

Why not hit your knees today with me and pray for your local church? You could pray for the things I mentioned up above. Maybe you could pray for the impact of your local church on the community. Or you could pray for those families/people that used to come to your church, but may have fallen away.

If you don't go to church, why not lift up The Old Man and Hefe, both members of the clergy at their respective churches. I'm sure they'd appreciate any divine guidance and protection.

Let us pray.

Like always, the margins are open for additional prayer and praises. Feel free to scribble your needs or rejoicing there.

|