Monday, November 20, 2006

Monday's Meditation replacement

MoLak-Jedi's computer died last night. And he called to let me know he wouldn't be able to do Monday's Meditation. I am touched by his dedication and professionalism. I don't want MoLak's desire to bring a close and abiding love of Jesus to the Page 132 community and beyond to falter. Not ever, but especially not today. So with apologies to amocappucio, I'm going to fill in today.

Both MoLak-Jedi and I are fans of C.S. Lewis. Today, I'm going to leave a few quotations for you to meditate on. I'm sure I can't add anything to C.S. Lewis' words, but you are welcome to in the margins.

“If you read history you will find that the Christians who did most for the present world were precisely those who thought most of the next. It is since Christians have largely ceased to think of the other world that they have become so ineffective in this.”

“God, who foresaw your tribulation, has specially armed you to go through it, not without pain but without stain”

“Christianity, if false, is of no importance, and if true, of infinite importance. The only thing it cannot be is moderately important.”

“No one ever told me that grief felt so like fear.”

“Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.”

“Christianity is a world that is a great sculptor's shop. We are the statues and there a rumor going around the shop that some of us are some day going to come to life.”

"Every one says forgiveness is a lovely idea, until they have something to forgive.”

“Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again.”

|