Friday, April 14, 2006

Good Friday

Below is a song by a group, Third Day, that Expat and I were into in college. They still make great music, and I highly recommend them. Anyhow, this is the song that got me hooked. It's a fantastic reminder of what Good Friday is all about. If you know the song, or have a recording of it, I'd like to challenge you to listen to it without singing along. Let Jesus sing it to you. It's his Love Song for humanity.

Love Song:
I've heard it said that a man would climb a mountain
Just to be with the one he loves.
How many times has he broken that promise?
It has never been done.
I've never climbed the highest mountain,
But I walked the hill of Calvary

Chorus:
Just to be with you, I'd do anything
There's no price I would not pay
Just to be with you, I'd give anything
I would give my life away.

I've heard it said that a man would swim the ocean,
Just to be with he one he loves.
All of those dreams are an empty notion;
It has never been done.
I've never climbed the highest mountain,
But I walked upon the raging sea (repeat chorus)

(Bridge)I know that you don't understand the fullness of my love
How I died upon the cross for your sins
And I know that you don't realize all that I give you
But I promise, I would do it all again.

And just to be with you I gave everything
There's no price I did not pay.
Just to be with you, I gave everything
Yes, I gave my life away.

|