Saturday, April 08, 2006

Fun with Camera phones - Detlef edition

My buddy, Detlef, has been with me most of the week and we've been doing the London tourist circuit. It has been a go! go! go! pace, so I'm sorry I haven't been around much this week. While we've been out, I've been snapping some pictures. Here a few:





At the Cabinet War Rooms, they have opened a Winston Churchill museum that is absolutely stunning. For two history guys, we spent much longer than we budgeted learning about Winston's life, both personal and political. This quote seems to sum up Winston's thought on himself and his Maker.





I'm not sure I have much more to add really. The sign says it all. This love-hate relationship America has with France is only just beginning. England is way ahead of America on this one.





In Mayfair, we found this amazing cafe and shop. We didn't sample the treats because we didn't want to ruin our appetites, but it looked incredible inside. Unfortunately for Mrs. Expat Teacher and myself, I don't really remember where this cafe is. :-(





Again, in Mayfair - the "Boardwalk" on the London Monopoly board - this sign was on a garage door. In London, having a car is a sign of a strong upper middle class position. This guy definitely wants everyone else to know he's got a car.


Technorati Tags: , ,

|