Tuesday, July 26, 2005

I know 2008 is 3 years away, but

I sure hope Hillary Clinton isn't the Democratic nominee for President. It ain't that she wouldn't be good. I think she'd be excellent and having Bill in the East Wing wouldn't be bad either. I just don't think she'd win. She is arguable as polarizing to the Right as Bush is to the Left. What is very obvious is that Democrats need Republicans to splinter, not unify, in order to win the White House in 2008.

Hillary positioned herself nicely with appointment to lead the DLC's committee that creates the agenda for the 2006 and 2008 campaigns. I'm sure she'll do a wonderful job because she understands how to be a strong Democrat, yet stand in the center. For my money, I'm going with either Governor Warner (VA) or Governor Richardson (NM) as the best candidate.

Even more important is to win back the federal legislative branch in 2006!

|