Friday, July 22, 2005

Friday Prayer Blogging

I may have made a mistake 2 weeks ago by not praying on my Friday Prayer Blogging post. I was (and really still am) lacking appropriate words. It is obvious to me now that since my adopted city is now under sustained attacks, I MUST pray. God has promised nothing except to answer our prayers. Will you pray with me?

Lord Jesus, thank you for your protection and provision of Mrs. Expat Teacher and me.

Today I am calling out for your continued protection because "our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms." I feel like the servants of Elisha asking, "Oh, my lord, what shall we do?" Please respond as the prophet did, "Don't be afraid," the prophet answered. "Those who are with us are more than those who are with them." Like Elisha, I pray "O LORD, open [my] eyes so [I] may see." those that are with this wonderful city. Please open my eyes to see "the hills full of horses and chariots of fire all around."

Jesus keep Mrs. Expat Teacher and I safe, but strengthen my faith should you not honor the first request. I cry out for all people living under attack. Please Jesus bring peace to our world. Silence the bombs, guns and weapons of Darfur, Kashmir, Iraq, Chechnya and all other places of conflict in our world.

Finally, Lord give the authorities eyes to see where and when evil is planned. May Satan be thwarted at every turn.

In Jesus' name, Amen.

Like always you can add your own prayers about this or anything in the comments

|