Have we forgotten Darfur?It has been a while since the MSM has focused on Darfur, but that doesn't mean the genocide has stopped. The New Republic has run some great segments about Darfur including:
- Why it started
- Genocide as domestic security policy in Sudan
- The current mechanics of human destruction in Darfur
- U.S. policy toward Sudan and Darfur
- The case for NATO intervention
Beawitness.org is trying to remind America that the genocide in Darfur is still going on. They've put together a simple chart detailing how infrequent Darfur is mentioned in the MSM newscast. They've even put together a video. Watch it now
Yesterday morning the media had an opportunity to cover the genocide. Secretary of State Rice visited Sudan Wednesday and a scuffle broke out among reporters and Sudanese officials. The scuffle received coverage, but the genocide largely did not. Today the media has another chance, as it is the anniversary of a unanimous resolution of the US Congress calling the atrocities a "genocide".
Why do they want to put that video on television now? Here are just a few reasons:
- As many as 400,000 people have died in the genocide, with thousands more dying every month.
- CBS hasn't run a story about the Darfur genocide in 73 days.
If you truly believe in ending this outrage to justice and against God's children, send a message to the networks. If the networks won't show the genocide, they will. Donate today. Air the ad. Make millions of people witnesses.
Help fund the campaign: http://www.beawitness.org/donate