Friday, June 24, 2005

A rare Friday post

I usually don't post about anything on Friday except for Friday Prayer Blogging. However, the latest Rove comment really pisses me off.
Karl Rove said, "Let me just put this in fairly simple terms: Al Jazeera now broadcasts the words of Senator Durbin to the Mideast, certainly putting our troops in greater danger. No more needs to be said about the motives of liberals.

and The White House stands behind Rove

Putting our troops in greater danger? That is my motive as a liberal? If I wanted to put our troops in greater danger, I'd manufacture a war based on poor intelligence, make sure that the troops didn't have the armor they needed and then not have a plan for winning the peace.

Ed note: This has been revised from the original. See the comments for a hint at the original. Big hat tip to The Old Man who provided the following as a better, more Christian rephrasing of my original comment.

I find Karl Rove's statement to be intensely disgusting and subhuman and clear evidence that he has very serious problems with a monstrously cold heart and no business whatsoever having a position of public influence and/or responsibility and he is a phenomenal liability to the present administration, which is already very little more than a total liability to 99% of the humans on this planet. What statements like this reveal is totally repugnant to everything I believe it means to be a human being.

|