Sunday, May 08, 2005

Argh! It is 2004 all over again around here...

After having my intellectual head handed to me by gurufrisbee and Chris about Intelligent Design and Hefe about sex ed in schools, I realized that I'm repeating the 2004 presidential election all over again.

In an effort to argue better public policy, I've come across looking like I support evolution and teen sex. I don't disagree with gurufrisbee, Chris or Hefe. Evolution has plenty of holes and teens should abstain from sex until they are married.

They were arguing from a values point of view and I was arguing about what makes the best pubic policy. I believe I'm right (more posts to follow, I promise), but I can never get public support if it appears I think I'm a smart monkey or want teens orgies. I'm a little conflicted at this moment and hope that Democratic strategist and politicians have this dilemma figured out because while gurufrisbee, Chris and Hefe are appealing to the best way to live, it makes horrible public policy.

|