Sunday, February 20, 2005

Why I blog

I found this article about the Ten Most Important Ideas of 2004: BLOGS AND THE INTERNET over at Salon.com and really enjoyed number ten "The Ultimate Utility of Blogging" because it has a nice summation of why people (especially me) blog.
The Utility of Blogging

  • Finding one's voice
  • Noticing what gives and what drains one's energy
  • Redefining the meaning of work as a function of community and fellowship instead of wage slavery.

Blogging (the participation in the conversation as both a journal reader and writer)
  1. re-centres you,
  2. frees you from being like, and seeing the world like, everyone else,
  3. allows you to see the world and yourself differently, more profoundly (for better and for worse),

and it is for those reasons that I write my daily entries. Thanks for riding along.

|