Friday, February 18, 2005

Friday prayer blogging

Inspired by an off-hand comment by one of my best friends that "prayer is just talking between you and God" (thanks TS). I think I want to try and start something based on "Friday cat blogging" that exists in the secular circles of blogs. I don't know the history, but I know that many of the blogs I visit post pictures of their cats each Friday.

I hate cats. I find them more selfish and egocentric than humans. But that is neither here nor there.

The important thing is that instead of posting pictures about cats, that Christian bloggers start Friday prayer blogging. That each Christian blogger should post things that the reader could pray about.

Today's Friday prayer blogging is based around 1 Timothy 2:1-4
I urge, then, first of all, that requests, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for everyone– for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. This is good, and pleases God our Savior, who wants all men to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth.


My politics often put me at odds with the rulers of America, but I am commanded to pray for those in authority and so I shall. My Friday prayer blogging list is:

  • President Bush and his family's physical safety
  • Sen. Arlen Specter (Pa.), one of Congress's most senior Republicans who has been diagnosed with Hodgkins Disease
  • wisdom for all high ranking members of both parties (let's face it...it is very easy to Monday morning quarterback and not have to put our reputations and lives on the line)
  • Chief Justice William Rehnquist who has thyroid cancer

Feel free to use the comments to add your own prayer requests, personal or political

|