Wednesday, June 11, 2008

An e-mail entitled simply "Thank You"

Today I received an e-mail from a parent of one of my 8th graders. I had only met this parent at "Back to School Night" and we've never corresponded via e-mail before. Their daughter always putting off body language that she didn't care about my class and was letting be part of her life as a privilege. Guess I was wrong. On my final day ever in the classroom, it was nice to end on a high note.



Dear [Expat Teacher],

We want to express to you our sincere gratitude for the last two years of Social Studies.

[Our daughter] has learned so much and - judging by her stories about your lessons - had lots of fun in the process. From Michelangelo to Che Guevara, from the Incas to Martin Luther, she is showing an interest in and understanding of both History and Geography, that I was never able to inspire in her.

Teaching this age group must be challenging, to say the least, and you have certainly done an outstanding job !

Thank you so much and have a wonderful summer !

With warm regards,

[Parents of an 8th grader]

|