Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Is this why we blog?

CNN has a lifestyle article that claims folks like to blog for "group therapy". While I don't ascribe to the assertion completely, the article is a good one.

I blog because first and foremost it strengthens my marriage. Making Mrs. Expat Teacher defend Republicans (when she isn't a true believer) puts a lot of stress on both of us. Having a blog allows me to get my ideas out there and keep peace on the homefront.

Second, I blog because I like a good debate. I find blogging to be the equivalent of "hitting the gym" for the brain.

Third, on the flipside, I like finding like-minded folks. Creating the Page 132 community (small as it is..) is one of my life's greatest achievements.

Fourth, I blog because I can offer analysis that is equal to or even better than many of the talking heads on TV or in the newspapers. My opinion is as valuable and valid as Glenn Beck, Tucker Carlson, Ezra Klein, Rush Limbaugh, Bill Maher, Keith Olbermann, or Tim Russert.

Why do you blog? Why do you comment? Why do you visit the blog? Let us hear in the margins.

|