Friday, June 22, 2007

Friday Prayer Blogging - Big Career Move day?

So my first couple of days on the job as an intern has gotten me noticed as "the grassroots guy on the ground" and I've got an early morning meeting with a veteran strategist on Monday. This is the guy that could help me make the jump from teacher volunteering on summer vacation to a paid position. I'm not sure how that could happen, but this strategist has been around since Jimmy Carter and has worked with virtually every national Democratic candidate. I don't know what will come of this work, if anything, but if I do well, he opens lots of doors.

It is tempting to pray that God will give me a new job. That loses sight of the big picture and makes God my servant. I wouldn't mind a new job, but can you pray that somehow God is glorified in my work this upcoming week? That's all that really matters in the grand scheme of things anyway.

Let us pray

Please add any additional prayer or praise requests in the margins.

|