Friday, February 23, 2007

Friday Prayer Blogging - Open Heart Surgery Edition

I got a rather hurried and despondent e-mail from a close friend this morning. It just goes to show how quickly life can change and nothing should be taken for granted. The e-mail from RC is as follows:
I know what a good steward of prayer you are and I was hoping to lean on you to pray for my family this week. We just found out that my dad will be undergoing open heart surgery first thing Tuesday morning. He collapsed at work and after being given several tests, the doctors found multiple clog arteries. He's scheduled to have a quadruple bypass and I know how commonplace these surgeries are, but it's still a little scary for him. He needs all the fighting strength he can muster. My mom needs a lot of grace and I pray for wisdom for the doctors performing the surgery. I'm heading home this weekend to be with them before he goes into surgery, so I will be out of town until some time next week. If you could remember us in your prayers, especially my dad I would be so grateful. I believe in the power of prayer and I know you do as well.

Mrs. Expat Teacher already wrote out a prayer and I'd invite you to say it along with her and/or pray your own.
Father, I just lift up RC's father right now and ask that You would be with him and the doctors as they perform this surgery next week. Father, You are the perfect Physician, and I just pray that Your hand would be on this operation. I pray that everything would go perfectly and that RC's father would emerge healed and ready to tackle life again. I pray that You would guide the doctors and give them needed wisdom. I pray there would be no complications and the operation would be routine. I also pray for RC and her mother. I ask that You would surround them with Your perfect peace and they would be able to be pillars of strength and confidence for RC's father. In the power of Jesus' name I pray, Amen

Let us pray:

|