Saturday, October 21, 2006

"Stupid and Arrogant;" Imagine that!

A senior U.S. diplomat said the United States had shown "arrogance" and "stupidity" in Iraq

It may just be the enormous bias I bring to my observation of recent Iraq-related statements and events, but there seems to be an intriguing correlation between mounting US troop deaths, the general level of chaos reported throughout Iraq, the rapidly approaching US mid-term elections, the increasing Republican defections from the rigid White House party line, and the President's plunging approval rating among likely voters. If the GOP loses both the House and Senate in a couple of weeks - might there be a way to force that Monster in the White House to get out of Iraq NOW?
+

UPDATE- Apparently, Mr. Fernandez caught some heat back to work on Monday for his statements, because now he is saying, "'Upon reading the transcript of my appearance on Al-Jazeera, I realized that I seriously misspoke by using the phrase 'there has been arrogance and stupidity' by the U.S. in Iraq,' Alberto Fernandez said in an e-mail sent to reporters by the State Department and attributed to him. 'This represents neither my views nor those of the State Department. I apologize,' the statement said."

|