Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Fasting From Media

Hefe is bowing out for a month. I won't get into the details here, because it would take a long time to explain, but here is the short of it - In order to "detox" themsleves from the negative messages of pop culture, I am challenging my youth ministry kids to "fast" from all media for one month. This includes TV, Music, Movies, Internet Surfing, Text Messaging, IM, etc. OF course, I will be joining them, which means I will not be around page 132 again until near the end of April.

Now I know some of you may be wondering what will happen when the sole voice of reason around here will be absent ;), but I am sure you guys will argue amongst yourselves just fine without me. Hopefully, I will get over some of my own addictions - the things I can't say "no" to, and instead spend a whole lot more time seeking Christ.

See you in a month - I will explain more then, and perhaps bring you some of my notes from teh journey - ala Donald Miller style.

|