Friday, January 27, 2006

Friday Prayer Blogging

I'm filling in for Expat today, who is extremely busy with an inservice day at school. My wife used to be a teacher, so I know all about those.

Anyway, I'm shooting from the hip here, but something comes to my mind as a matter of prayer. It may not be political - as is the theme of this blog - but it is of importance in all areas of life. The thought comes to me from listening to a CD sermon from Alistair Begg. He is preaching on worship, and he says,

"People come to me and say, that worship band may be fine for a Sunday night youth program, but it's inappropriate for morning services. To that attitude I say, if it's appropriate for Sunday night, it's appropriate for Sunday Morning, and if it's appropriate for Sunday Morning, it's appropriate for Sunday Night. I'll tell you what's inappropriate, that we have prayer meeting every week and only 1/4 of you come back, that's inappropriate."

Pray that the church would learn to pray, learn to center on God instead of our personal preferences, our comfort levels, our leisure schedule, our chosen political party, or any one of a hundred other things that can distract us from the importance of getting on our knees and praying to our Father in heaven. We desperately need to get back to that "Sweet Hour of Prayer"

Pray with me for a burden for prayer.
And add anything else you feel burdened for or thankful for in the comments.

Our Father who art in heaven......

|