Friday, January 20, 2006

Friday Prayer Blogging - Expat Teacher edition

In just a few moments, I'll be out the door for a weekend retreat with my Pastorate from HTB. It will be about 20 of us getting to know one another better and spending time with God and each other. I am looking forward to it because I'm a little down.

I'm down physically. I've been fighting a flu bug all week. Now today, I've got some sort of infection in my eye. I haven't had the energy to do much all week. It hasn't been good.

I'm down spiritually. God and I aren't communicating a lot lately. I feel like I'm talking and He isn't listening. I think he might be talking, but I don't have ears to hear. I don't like being out of communion with God and that's where I am now.

I'm down mentally. My job, which used to excite and inspire me, has a more 9-5 feel. I applied for a new position (new career, really) and found out I was completely unqualified for it. My future is very cloudy right now and I need to have solid answers in the next few months.

I'd down emotionally. Add up the above and throw in a few other unsolved mysteries or unanswered prayers in my personal life and I'm not feeling up for much lately.

I know it is probably bad manners, but it's my blog and I'll pray if I want to. Would you join me this weekend in praying for me?

Let us pray.

ps. I do have one praise. Hefe has not been mauled by a tiger. He has just been very busy. He has agreed to join our team and post when inspiration hits him. That is positive news.

|