Friday, December 30, 2005

End of year quizzes

If you want to know how well you followed current events in 2005, test your skills with an end of year quiz. I've found a few.

The BBC has a two part test covering the news and events of the year. (Part 1) (Part 2). My in-laws don't have the right software to do the test. Anyone care to take it and tell us the number of questions and how hard it is? I'll play when I get back to London on Thursday.

Next is the 50 question test in the Guardian. I got 38 out of 50. I wish I was at my home computer because I'd love to do a screen shot of questions 30 and 31. 35 might trip up gurufrisbee, hefe and others. ;-)

And if you are a lot smarter than me, King William's College on the Isle of Man has a 2005 General Knowledge Paper, a 180 question test about the year. I got 2. Anyone smarter than me?

For you business types, here is "The Five Dumbest Things on Wall Street: Year-End Quiz". It has 10 questions, but the answers aren't posted until Jan 3.

The CBC has a pop culture quiz. I did poorly. Guess I don't care who helps David Letterman make high ratings.

Enjoy.

|