Wednesday, October 05, 2005

More on Miers

Personally I'm a little scared about the idea of Harriet Miers on the Supreme Court.

I think we've all heard more than enough that she has never served as a judge of any kind or level and how Bush still maintains that she is the most qualified person in the entire country to appoint to the Supreme Court ( according to his comments in the always rare press conference), and while that is worthy of some concern and exploration, that's not what really scares me.

And it's not even that in Miers history of being an attorney that she seems to always represent the mega corporations and never argues on the side of the oppressed, minorities, disabled, poor, or the environment (though that is also troubling to a degree).

What really scares me is the idea that we're going to entrust a sacred seat on the highest court in the land to the wisdom, discernment, and judgment of someone who believes that George W. Bush is "the most brilliant man I ever met".

Frightens me to no end.

|