Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Still swamped

I'm still swamped here at school and with stuff at home and at church and haven't been able to find much time to prepare anything for the blog. And I will admit it right now - I have some time tonight, but it will be spent instead watching "LOST" - which I believe to be the greatest show in the history of television. But this isn't a TV opinions blog.

It's a political-religious blog. Or at least it is most of the time. We certainly have our tangents and that's not bad. I remember when ExPat asked me to consider contributing to this. He said it was supposed to be about connection the Christian Faith to politics. Certainly a relevant and worthwhile concept.

And of course that is going to naturally lead to a lot of focus on Bush. Most people - even his critics - don't doubt that he has a sincere faith. I don't - but I don't see where it connects with what I understand to be the Christian faith a lot of the time.

Bush's apologists are often the other extreme. They not only don't see the gaps I do, but they often get frighteningly close to where "Bush" and "God" sound like synonyms to them. Maybe they don't mean to, but that's what I hear and read a lot.

I read this article in Sunday's paper and it made me think about those apologists again (especially since I had just sat in church with many of them). I'm not sure what it all means or what to do about it, but when I have had the precious few moments to think about such things, this is what I've been reflecting on lately.

Peace be with all of us.

|