Friday, April 01, 2005

Friday Prayer Blogging

Today is April Fool's Day and it always makes me think of that offensive bumper sticker, "National Athiest Day - April 1st" with a little line below it, "Psalm 53:1 "The fool says in his heart, 'There is no God.'" There is truth in that statement, but I just can't imagine people entering into a relationship with Christ because of that bumper sticker. In fact, I think this puts up stumbling blocks to people. One might come away from this thinking, "I've never seen God and I don't think He exists, so I don't believe. That ain't the most unrealistic position ever. If God thinks I'm a fool, then I don't care about Him either."

Today's Friday Prayer Blogging is inspired by that bumper sticker and John 4:24 "God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in spirit and in truth.”

Today let's pray

  • for the ability to tell non-believers the truth about Jesus without compromising His spirit of love
  • for a worshipful spirit
  • that God would show us anything blocking our worship of Him
  • for an opportunity to share the Gospel or something God is doing in our lives with one other person this week

|