Monday, April 25, 2005

An Earth Day post a little late

Somehow I missed an Earth Day post, but I'm not going to let missing the day stop me from sharing my thoughts.

First, I still can't believe that I'm having to say this, but caring for the Earth is a Biblical mandate. Father Jake has the full breakdown and a good list of links if people would like to "create in me a green heart".

Second, Sprol has taken to using the new Google Maps to show us how we are destroying the Earth. Some are incredibly sad. My "favorites" are the pics of Las Vegas, complete with golf course, and the copper and nickel mine that shines like a neon sign.

Finally, ABCnews.com is reporting that "Some Gloat as SUVs Get Hit By Gas Costs". Count me in that group. Shouldn't all Christians be asking, "What Would Jesus Drive?"

|