Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Mastercard of Investments

I am worried that in the future I won't have enough money to keep up my standard of living. Now there are lots of assumptions I am working on, but the basic one is I assume that costs will go up and, as a teacher, my pay will remain relatively static. So I have a plan, I am going to get a maximum cash advance on my Mastercard and immediately invest it in the stock market. I'm no expert, so I'll probably just put it in one of the funds my broker recommends (but I'll take suggestions).

I've heard how well investing in the stock market pays over time, so I should be able to pay back with Mastercard (with interest of course) and then live comfortably in the future. I haven't heard of anyone trying this, but what do you think? Sounds like a solid plan to me.

|