Sunday, March 25, 2007

My new Sunday night viewing - Brothers & Sisters on ABC

Ever since the demise of The West Wing, I have been searching for some drama to send me off onto my work week. I have now found it. The ABC show "Brothers & Sisters". I'm not sure why I like it so. I think the dynamic of the family is very interesting. I also like the way the family is functionally dysfunctional. That is, they have all sorts of relationship problems, but most of the main characters are moderately to incredibly successful. It gives an interesting look into modern day families. No one has the "Leave it Beaver" family anymore (if that family ever existed), instead the dysfunctional family is probably the norm. Yet, each member has to work through their issues and become successful. While I certainly love the family drama, it is the moral of the story I like more.

Apparently, I'm not the only one who likes the show. 'Brothers & Sisters' was thus the second-highest rated new series among viewers from 18 to 49 and has been picked up for its entire first season.

|