Saturday, May 06, 2006

New poll, some interesting stats and Frappr map

Another week and time for another poll. Considering that last week I was off to DC to find a new place, a poll question provided by MoLak-Jedi seems appropriate. We would like to know "If you could live anywhere, where would you live?"

The results from last week's poll aren't surprising. 9 folks feel that Mariners will finish sub-.500 this year. One person has confidence that the Mariners will win at least 82 games. There is always one in the bunch...Go to MLB to check out how the Mariners are doing. They are currently sitting 7 games below .500 and 5.5 games behind Texas for the division lead. Could be worse...they could be the Braves (12-17 and 8 games back)

I've been experiencing some serious spammers with my Frappr map. I had to delete lots of entries and I'm not sure if I accidentally deleted someone that was suppose to be there. (Phil, I'm pretty sure I deleted you. Sorry.) Why not go there and check that you are still on the map. You aren't? Why not add yourself?

Finally, Thursday was our 1 and 1/2 year Blogiversary. Page 132 is 18 months old. Accordingly we should weight 17-30 pounds, say 8-20 words you can understand, and become upset when separated from a parent. The most interesting thing for me is the traffic we've had in the last 6 months. Even though I'm only a Multicellular Microorganism, we've had over 10,000 page views from 6,500 unique visitors. I take those stats with a grain of salt because I think I get counted as a unique hit each day I check Page 132. Even so, that is only 180 uniques. If everyone does that we average around 38 visitors daily. We are on track for 20,000 page views and over 13,000 unique visitors. Nothing spectacular compared the Drudge, Daily Kos and Instapundit, but I'm still a little awed that our thoughts get that much play. Thanks for making Page 132 part of your (semi)-daily reading. We continue to be honored.

Now, go vote!

|