Friday, February 03, 2006

Friday Prayer Blogging - Peace edition

I have been talking to a lot of people lately and it seems that few people are at peace with themselves or where they are in life, yours truly included. I've really only got one friend who is at peace. And it is a zen-like peace about life, even though her love life is pretty confusing. I asked her how she did it. She said, "I just gave it to God."

That is one of the most trite Christianism out there. I am a thinker. I want dialogue, arguments, a three-step process, points and counter-points. Yet, look at the results. WiseWoman is at peace with her life and I'm like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. Maybe she is onto something.

In additional to personal turmoil and inner struggles, our world clearly needs peace. Is it too much to ask for one day that goes without conflict, killing and war?

Let us pray for peace. Peace with God. Peace with ourselves as God's beloved children. Peace with one another. Peace between nations.

Let us pray

|