Another Occasional Trivia Contest!1. Arachibutlphobia is the fear of:
A. getting burned by melted butter
B. getting bit by poisonous insects
C. insects crawling into your underwear when sleeping
D. peanut butter sticking to the roof of your mouth
2. Barack Obama’s mother’s second husband was:
A. Indonesian B. Philippine C. Kenyan D. Wealthy
3. Who was the first Major League player to pitch a ball over 100 mph?
A. Dwight Gooden B. Nolan Ryan C. Roger Clemens D. Tom Seaver
4. On what island did ancient Greek civilization originate?
A. Samos B. Olympia C. Crete D. Rhodes
5. Which of the following inventions was the first to be patented?
A. Chewing Gum B. Dishwasher C. Cash Register D. Rubber Band
6. What U.S. President gave his residence the name “the White House?”
A. George Washington B. Thomas Jefferson
C. Abraham Lincoln D. Theodore Roosevelt
7. What toy was introduced in Australian stores in 1957 after proving to be a popular exercise tool in schools?
A. Frisbee B. Hula Hoop C. Jump Rope D. Roller Skates
8. What famous painting was stolen from a Norwegian museum in 2004?
A. The Mona Lisa B. The Starry Night C. The Scream D. The Last Supper
9. Which Beatle crossed Abbey Road first?
A. John B. Paul C. George D. Ringo
10. Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer was created as a promotion for what store?
A. J.C. Penney B. Montgomery Ward C. Macy's D. Nordstrom
11. What happened to Thomas Jefferson's personal library of books in 1815?
A. They were burned B. They were stolen
C. They were donated to charity D. They were sold to pay off his debts
12. What is Europe's longest river?
A. Rhine B. Loire C. Volga D. Thames
13. Who was the first player drafted in the first NFL draft in 1936?
A. Sammy Baugh B. Jay Berwanger C. Don Hutson D. Bart Starr
14. What country pulled out of World War I on March 3, 1918?
A. Austria B. Belgium C. Poland D. Russia
15. Iran is slightly larger than what U.S. state?
A. Alaska B. Rhode Island C. Montana D. Texas
16. What was the name of Mark Twain's wife?
A. Mary Whitman B. Olivia Langdon C. Clara Price D. Becky Thatcher
17. What candy bar was invented by Curtiss Candy of Chicago in 1923?
A. Zagnut B. Snickers C. Butterfinger D. Mr. Goodbar
18. Where is the “geographic center” of Europe?
A. Valmiera B. Taurage C. Vilnius D. Riga
19. Henry McCarty was better known by what nickname?
A. The Tall Texan B. Butch Cassidy C. Billy the Kid D. Sundance Kid
20. What was Elvis' first #1 hit on the U.S. Billboard pop charts?
A. Hound Dog B. Stuck on You C. Burning Love D. Heartbreak Hotel