Friday, May 09, 2008

YAWNs

I ran across this article today and I was totally intriqued as it highlights the lifestyle I'd like to live. I want to be a YAWNer! That's Young and Rich, but Normal. The term was first coined by the Sunday Telegraph of London back in 2007.

YAWNers:
They drive hybrid cars, if they drive at all, shop at local stores, if they shop at all and pay off their credit cards every month, if they use them at all.

They may have disposable income, but whatever they make, they live below their means, in a conscious effort to tread lightly on the earth.
While Mrs. Expat Teacher and I are far from rich, we are doing pretty well financially. We don't drive, we try to buy locally, we pay off our credit cards and we worry about our effect on the Earth with our lifestyle.

Is this prideful or selfish? Are you a YAWNer? If not, what do you think of them? Let the margins fill up with comments.

|