Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Pitchers and catchers report to Red Devils camp

Spring is in the air (my allergies testify to that!) and brings with it the crack of the bat and the pop of the glove. I had pitchers and catchers report today. What an exciting day. Last year, I had 1 pitcher and 1 catcher. This year, I've got 4 pitchers and 3 catchers. Only 2 are serviceable, but I think I can bring the other 2 along this year.

I'll have my first full practice on Thursday, but I have over 20 girls signed up. We play our first game on March 20th against a very beatable team. Then we break for Spring Break and play again on April's Fool Days. I'll have 5 games over 2 weeks after that. I plan on keeping Page 132 readers informed of the goings on. With only 60ish days of school left, this is my last hurrah and I'm really looking forward to it.

The goal is simple. Win one game!

|