Saturday, May 13, 2006

Fun with CameraPhones - OS X widget edition

Ok, ok. I didn't take the following pictures with my cameraphone. They are screen shots, but they were too funny not to blog about.

On my Dashboard on my Mac, I am running several widgets that give me all kinds of useful information, like a dictionary, weather for several cities, a webcam, a quotation of scripture and the TinyWorld widget. It "displays images from all countries and important areas in the world. The images are picked randomly from a growing database."

Today's two random images were for the United Kingdom and Egypt:

My widget of London My widget of Egypt

That's right. The United Kingdom is a country of roadworks and Egypt is a country of sphinxes. Having been to both, I can testify that the pictures speak the truth.

For those running a Windows machine and have been waiting since 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 for Vista, feel free to go the Dashboard video to see the feature you'll have....eventually.

Technorati Tags: , , ,

|