Saturday, July 09, 2005

Stories you may have missed

With all the events of the week around here...being awarded the Olympics in 2012, the G8 summit and the Tube bombings, there are several news stories I missed. I thought I'd highlight them for my readers as well.

The ACLU IS DEFENDING Wal-Mart in a small town in Washington State. The Yelm city council has forbid anyone from saying Wal-Mart at the council meetings. The ACLU is sure this violates the first amendment.

450 Sheep Jump to Their Deaths in Turkey. 'We all, like sheep, have gone astray, each of us has turned to his own way; and the LORD has laid on him the iniquity of us al' Isaiah 53:5

Sean Hannity, Bill O'reilly and the Heritage foundation blame liberals and Europe for the attacks in London. Funny, I thought Al-Qaeda was to blame. Silly me.

The Roman Catholic Church picks out the real sinners in the flock. 'for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,'- Romans 3:23

Much to my disgust, I'm going to have to watch gymnastics (not even a sport!) in 2012 because the Olympics have eliminated baseball and softball. Apparently the drug policy in baseball is so weak (Bret Boone and Sammy Sosa anyone?) that the Olympics won't consider using MLB players.

A web page demonstrating that homosexuals are the new Jews and I don't mean that in a good way.

Tim has an excellent post about How (And How Not) To Support Your Favorite Blogger. Really good reading!

Speaking of a good read, the Seattle Times has a review of the next book on my list of books to read, "Flight of the Creative Class".

|