Thursday, November 04, 2004

Welcome to my blog

Dear all,

I've started my blog today, November 4, 2004, because I believe that the post-election hype is going to show that Bush's "moral values" carried him to victory. While I don't doubt that Bush has some morals and that aligning himself with the evangelical community helped to get him elected, I do doubt that America has endorsed evangelical morals as a way of governance. Anyone looking at the final map can see that great chunks of America did not sign up to this moral values crusade. The Northeast, the upper Mid-West, and the entire West Coast voted against Bush and against his moral values. Over the course of the life of this blog I hope to bring forth some interesting discussion between evangelicals about the place of religion in politics.

|